What is an RSS Newsfeed?
RSS stands for «Really Simple Syndication» and is a platform-independent electronic format which allows you to subscribe to a frequently updated news source. You will receive a summary message when new information (or an RSS Newsfeed) has been placed online at www.empa.ch. After receiving each new summary you can see at a glance the most important details, and can then decide for yourself whether to go to the complete report on the Empa homepage and read it in full.
- Empas RSS-Newsfeeds are available in three languages:
What do I need in order to be able to read RSS News?
To subscribe to an RSS service and to read the data supplied you need a particular kind of program known as an RSS Reader (examples are RSSREader and FeedReader). You will find a list of free RSS Readers at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS. All the more recent web browsers such as Mozilla, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari can be used as RSS Readers, and you can also administer and read RSS feeds in Outlook, Microsofts mail program.
How do I subscribe to Empas RSS Newsfeeds?
- Click on the link to the desired Newsfeed
- Click on «Subscribe» (Mozilla Firefox)
if you are at the Empa homepage select «Bookmarks» then «Subscribe to this Page» (Microsoft Internet Explorer)
- Select the RSS Newsfeed in your prefered language. Copy the appropriate link into the Clipboard
- Paste the copied link into the Address Bar or the Favorites list of your RSS reader. (You can link to as many RSS Newsfeeds as you like).
- After you have updated your RSS Reader the RSS service you have selected will become available.